Monday, August 17, 2009

All About the Dogs

Writing about my dogs and my friends' dogs has been in the back of my mind for some time. They provide us with such great amusement and joy. My dog and my friend Mandy's dog are both of a breed that you would normally expect out in the country somewhere, herding sheep or hunting racoons, respectively. Balancing their lives in a city, therefore, is always an adventure.

(My dog) Mumble: a 11 month old too-smart-for-his-own-good Border Collie who loves other dogs, kids and old people, and me of course, and has a never-ending supply of energy (I never thought I'd say this, but maybe even more energy than any of the boxers we had when I was growing up), and is basically an attention-whore.

(Mandy's dog) Chopper: a 3 year old black and tan coonhound who has only ever treed a squirrel in a palm tree (what would the "real" counhounds say?) with an inexplicable love of french bread and a slightly explicable dislike of pugs.

Mumble and Chopper have lots of other dog friends, including Peach and Zelda- two little terrier-type dogs rescued from the shelter, Fish- a little black pug with a big personality, and Charlie- the little dog that looks like a mini-Mumble and lives down the street from us.

Here in this blog, we will report on the many adventures of Mumble and Chopper, and their misadventures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment